About Ron Shilon
A bit about myself.
I see myself as both a student and a teacher, constantly learning, ever curious.
Ron Shilon, BSc in EE, Dip. Of Chinese Medicine, Dip of Chinese Herbs, Dip of Shiatsu, Dip. Of Yoga Teacher and Yoga Therapy, Dip. Of Running and Triathlon Coach, Dip. Of Sport Mental Coach, Surfer and Runner, Ultra-runner, Ironman, Rock and Mountain climber and an Adventure racer.
Ever since I can remember, my life has always been a real adventure driven by my sense of curiosity. Same thing goes to my career, as both a teacher, coach and a therapist I am continually exploring, broadening my horizons, always searching for more teachers and forever grateful for all the ones I have encountered so far, such as:
- my professors in the Technion over 30 years ago, who have taught me how to learn,
- for all my coaches, and especially the Canadian Olympic Long Distance coach Lance Watson, who has taught me how to train and to compete in the toughest most challenging races across the globe, such as Ironman competitions, Marathons, Ultra-Marathons and all the adventure races I've competed in throughout the years.
- Dr. Ellen Katz, the Dean of Sport Psychology school, who has taught me how to achieve greatness by harnessing our minds over our bodies.
- My teachers in Traditional Chinese Medicine school, and especially Dr. Gilad Arbel, who had shown me how to effectively use the healing power of Chinese herbal medicine.
- Dr. Asina Arder, my Japanese Medicine mentor, who had taught me that every session matters.
- All of my Yoga and Spiritual teachers, especially Michael Gilbert, who had taught me how to use the patient’s brain to assist in the healing process.
- Prasad Rangnekar, who had opened my eyes to the rich philosophy of Yoga,
- Andre Sidesrki, who had taught me that there are no limitations to mind and body,
- and lately Ram Areuveny, who had helped me to make sense of it all.
In my work in my clinics, I take all this vast knowledge and understanding and put it into my practice, always looking for the right tools or the right combination of methods to make every session counts.